Associate Pastor Position
Job Description for
Trinity United Methodist Church
Faith United Methodist Church
Accountable to: Lead Pastor & Staff Parish Committees of Trinity UMC and Faith UMC
Direct Report: Lead Pastor
Scope of Responsibility: Oversight of the Christian Education ministries and the Evangelism or Outreach ministries of both churches.
Job Summary: The Associate Pastor will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing ministries related to Christian education, spiritual care, and spiritual growth of both congregations. The Associate Pastor will provide a unified sense of purpose and direction in terms of focus, vision casting, communication, planning of events, prayer and curriculum for the ministries.
Attributes and Qualities:
- A personal and growing relationship with Christ
- A clear call to ministry demonstrating a passion for building and equipping others for ministry
- Evidence of proven interpersonal skills as a team leader and player
- Ability to understand and connect with individuals of all ages
- Organized and able to recruit and work well with volunteers
- Strong work ethic and moral integrity
- Respect for authority
- Experience in working with all age groups a plus
- An attitude of servant leadership
- Provide spiritual oversight, pastoral care and guidance to volunteers; leading them to become spiritually mature. This contributes to the development of spiritual growth for all who participate in the various aspects of the ministries.
- Communicate a vision for ministry that is relational, Christ-like in approach and purposeful for the realization of the mission of Trinity UMC and Faith UMC.
- Create strategies for recruiting, screening, training and mentoring ministry leaders.
- Build relationships and teams of volunteers to more effectively achieve goals and purposes. These relationships and ministry teams must foster trust and open communication regarding the ministries.
- Plan and schedule training events, retreats, service activities, seminars and missions trips for individuals that assist in the development of spiritual giftedness, calling and life purpose
- Make contact with the ministry leaders on a regular basis in an effort to encourage, instruct and build strong relationships together in ministry.
- Integrate Christian Education and Outreach ministries with the overall ministry of the church by coordinating with staff and volunteers
- Participate in Sunday morning worship service as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Conduct counseling, weddings, funerals, visitation and other special ministries working in conjunction with the Lead Pastor
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Lead Team/Administrative Council meetings
- Attend weekly worship and special worship services unless on vacation or Lead Pastor has been notified of absence
- Provide a quarterly written report to the Lead Pastor and Lead Team/Administrative Council regarding the activities and any issues surrounding the oversight of the various ministries
- Prepare yearly goals and tentative calendar that encompasses faith, vision and goal setting submitting it by January 1 of each year to the Lead Pastor and Leadership Teams of both churches.
The Associate Pastor will receive an annual performance review conducted by the Lead Pastor in the fall of each year. This will be a comprehensive “360 degree” review based in part on feedback from ministry leaders and Leadership Teams. The annual review will include a process of personal goal setting for the coming year, an appraisal of overall performance for the past year.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include references email and current phone number.
Please send everything to the attention of Pastor Max
Once resume is received we will send a theological questionnaire.
This position will consist of serving two churches with the same duties at both. The time will be divided equally between Trinity and Faith.
Applications must be received by March 1, 2018